5001 East 68th Street, Suite 500
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5064
The Business Analyst will be a vital link between information technology capacity and business objectives by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing, and deployment tasks of software product' s features.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in business requirements gathering and translating to information systems, assist in project management, coordinate projects with third party vendors, assist in quality assurance of applications.
- Define reporting and alerting requirements.
- Effectively utilize data modeling to relay requirements.
- Own and develop relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance integrations.
- Help design, document, and maintain system processes and identify improvement areas.
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations.
- Stay abreast with Visa and MasterCard requirements, trends, mandates.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues, and deliver better value to the customer.
- Assure compliance with the company and Payment Card Industry policies, procedures, standards, and regulations.
- Assist in training and orientation of other staff and users.
- Develop proficiency in systems analysis skills.
- Remain current on technical and professional developments affecting area of responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in a technical major or minor and previous experience as a Business/Systems Analyst or in Quality Assurance
- Minimum 3? 5 years’ experience in field or related area.
- Excellent customer service attitude, good communications skills (both verbal and written), and organizational skills and the ability to cope with and manage a constantly changing environment
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business? relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Solid experience in writing SQL queries and data modeling
- Advanced knowledge in generating process documentation
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to think algorithmically, self starter
Job requires sitting most of the time working on a computer. Normal working hours but may require evening or weekend hours under special conditions. Participate in rotating weekly shift and carry designated on call phone, responding 24x7 to any received alerts and dispatching appropriately, currently on 20 week rotation cycle.