7501 W Memorial Rd
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5613
Build Release Engineer
Support builds and deployments to multiple testing and production environments. Administer source code repositories (provisioning, branching, and merging), build and release tools, and automated test execution. Enhance and maintain build plans, integration tasks and deployment pipelines that utilize CICD best practices. Coordinate with QA, Development, and IT in configuring, implementing, testing and debugging the enterprise applications and systems. Assist in resolution of issues that affect software release scope, risk, and quality. Confer with testers, database administrators, and developers to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Expected to write documentation to describe operational procedures and change controls.
- Administer and automate the build and release processes using source code management tools, build and integration tools, and automated testing tools.
- Support our tools for automated continuous builds, automated continuous testing and release management.
- Configure new applications and software updates as required, including but not limited to web applications, web services, windows services and scheduled tasks.
- Enhance build plans and deployment pipelines to include validation and backup of software deployments to multiple environments.
- Assist with development and utilization of automated testing.
- Develop and maintain custom tools that are part of the deployment tool chain.
- Coordinate with Operations, QA, IT, and Development for issues relating to software builds and deployments.
- Provide level II support for software releases and enterprise systems via phone and/or in person.
- Provide on-call support after hours and on weekends as required.
- Maintain accuracy of logs maintained for all implementation/deployment requests.
- Assist with debugging enterprise application issues to resolve problems in our test and production environments by reviewing errors and program code.
- Regular attendance as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2+ years’ experience in software development or IT systems administration.
- 2+ year experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems such as Server 2008 and above.
- 2+ year experience with Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise).
- 1+ year experience configuring, implementing and troubleshooting enterprise applications in a networked environment.
- 1+ year experience with Agile methodologies and Continuous Delivery SDLC.
- 1+ year experience with relational databases such as MYSQL server, SQL server, ORACLE server and client server concepts
- Extensive business and/or systems analysis skills.
- Desire experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and troubleshooting tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to learn and understand business processes and relationship of systems and applications used to accomplish those processes.
- Proficient, analytical, decisive, troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to write clear instructions for end users.
- Occasionally required to work overtime (nights and/or weekends).
- Frequently sits and remains on the phone for extended periods.