5202 W Channel Rd
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5562
Act as the intermediate link between the customer’ s specific application requirement and the company product’ s intended performance capabilities. Understand the different unit operations within engineering and where heat transfer equipment is used in these operations. Become familiar with selection sizing and ordering software. Must be customer satisfaction driven and have a sales type personality while still being a strong analytical engineer.
- Interface with sales management to have an awareness of the strategic goals and objectives of the division, as it relates to his/her assignments.
- Interface with Engineering to have an awareness of the product’ s performance parameters.
- Interface with Production to develop an awareness of the manufacturing capabilities and constraints as he/she evaluates new applications
- Respond, support, and educate the sales force in the marketplace on a daily basis to accomplish successful applications.
- Interface with customers to promote the division’ s products and capabilities
- Develop a respected reputation for the division and one’ s self.
- Utilize all tools available to him/her including sizing programs to correctly match the division’ s products to the customer’ s requirements.
- Familiarize self with heat exchanger design, bill of materials and order processes.
- Complete accurate and timely quotations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Support Quality in RA’ s. Primary contact with RSM’ s and Customers.
- Participate in trade shows, trade exhibitions, customer visits, professional development seminars, etc.
- When requested, will participate in engineering, production, quality, and sales
meetings at the division level.
MARKET SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Basic understanding of heat transfer theory.
- Working knowledge of the heat transfer application as applies to HVAC and refrigeration.
- Market knowledge of the distribution channels.
- Working knowledge of evaporator and condenser designs.
- Ability to troubleshoot heat transfer problems with existing systems by interfacing with sales channel and technical resources.
- Respond, support, and educate the sales force in the marketplace on a daily basis to accomplish successful negotiations with end customers.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of heat transfer technology.
- Intermediate knowledge of selection/sizing programs.
- Refrigeration, hydronic and manufacturing knowledge a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer technology and programs.
- Advanced communicative skills required.