3010 Briarpark Dr
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 4740
Accounts Payable Associate - Error Resolution
BASIC PURPOSE: Respond to Vendor and Business Unit inquiries regarding invoices or payments and ensures resolution of outstanding issues, which includes analyzing issues and making necessary correcting entries to insure vendors are paid on time and accurately. Effectively communicate the status of invoices and payments, as well as invoice requirements and policies and procedures.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for ensuring inquiries from the Business Units and Vendors are accepted, analyzed and resolved timely and effectively.
- Responsible for coordinating or making the necessary corrections to ensure the invoices are paid within terms.
- Responsible for working closely and effectively with the rest of the Payables organization, as well as Business Unit’ s Finance, and Procurement personnel, and the Leverages Service Center, to ensure full and timely resolution of issues.
- Responsible for understanding Phillips 66 invoicing requirements and policies and procedures and communicating those effectively to internal parties.
- Responsible for Business Unit training for Accounts Payable processes.
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate documentation is in place regarding these issues and their resolution.
- Responsible for working on projects necessary for continuous improvements.
- Technical Expertise -- Strong problem-solving skills with an ' attention to detail' orientation. Able to understand how own work group relates to the function or business unit. Able to become thoroughly familiar with, and apply, established work or administrative procedures. Strong systems aptitude and an ability to become proficient with software utilized by work group for most work tasks. Must develop a broad knowledge and understanding of current AP policies and procedures and an in-depth knowledge of iPay and Material Master processing. Excel, SAP and Business Objects skills desired.
- Gets Results - Organizes in a way that reduces having to work in a crisis mode. Able to understand the job assignment and work within established procedures consistently. Ability to handle heavy or varied work load in a way that enhances or complements the business. Works effectively with minimal supervision. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Communication -- Strong written and verbal skills. Able to share knowledge, expertise and opinions in a professional manner. Able to maintain poise during difficult conversations with external or internal parties.
- Relationships -- Team player with strong teamwork/collaboration skills. Ability and willingness to communicate with a wide variety of individuals. Externally and internally focused with a drive to improve processes. Increases networks to improve overall effectiveness in work unit. Promotes sharing of information and ideas. May assist new employees by answering questions.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of assigned tasks. Ensures personal results are achieved. Performs tasks independently. Uses company time conscientiously and is flexible in handling unexpected situations. Accepts responsibility for own mistakes. Sets goals for self that are challenging but attainable.