7645 E. 63rd Street Suite 101
Job Category: Other Area(s)
Job Number: 4706
The Account Manager is responsible for managing the overall success of several key customers including program performance, cost savings, profitability, retention and satisfaction. This individual will serve as the primary point of contact and is responsible for facilitating all aspects of the client program including client management, effective and timely management communication, achievement of contracted Service Level Agreement, ensuring best-in-class service and growing the business through organic growth and implementation of value add products and services. The Account Manager along with the management team will provide ScoreCard metrics, benchmarking, trending analysis and consultation, as well as driving process efficiencies and cost savings strategies.
As the client' s advocate, this individual will support the account' s strategic direction, ensure savings and performance measures are met, and provide thorough feedback to the customer regarding success against agreed upon program objectives. Taking an innovative approach combined with leveraging best practices to drive continuous improvement, this individual will use collaborating and influencing skills to drive growth, profitability and customer satisfaction.
As the Account Manager, you have to be great at developing collaborative customer and internal relationships that lead to a profound understanding of the business issues to be addressed. In other words, you have to be great at developing buy-in, both with the customer and with internal teams, to secure resources you will need to satisfy the customer.
- Build trust with everyone, no exceptions.
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships.
- Pro-actively proposing strategic, cost savings opportunities across the client organization.
- Act as key consultative partner for the client and also the individual business unit leadership.
- Consultation on industry changes, updates, challenges and best practices.
- Measurement and benchmarking of program performance; determining best practices and providing proactive consultative support.
- Development, communication, oversight and execution of strategic business plans with clearly stated program goals and objectives.
- Conducting quarterly review meetings 30 - 45 days after quarter end close.
- Coordinates with various functions to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner. Manages the majority of service inquiries, identifies problems and works with management and the client organization to develop sustainable solutions.
- Quantifiable metrics will measure program success against the plan - the Account Manager will be responsible for continuous monitoring, measurement and reporting of agreed-upon SLAs and KPIs and development of action plans for any substandard performance.
- Responsible to ensure customer satisfaction targets are met.
- Negotiating throughout the relationship to ensure financial targets are met and to monitor and manage any contractual issues.
- Achieves or exceeds individual, team and client goals as defined by management.
- Ability to quantify and articulate the company value proposition both internally and externally.
- Records all account management activity in CRM tool, Salesforce.com.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of 4 years corporate travel management- account/client management, travel operations experience required.
- Demonstrated global knowledge of business travel, operations and client management is required.
- Working knowledge of business travel technologies, tools and process is required.
- Proven innovative problem solving abilities; decision making skills required.
- Excellent customer focus, strong consultative communication and presentation skills; written and verbal.
- Strong financial and business acumen required in order to leverage the key drivers of profitability.
- Strong analytical and consultative skills.
- Knowledge of six sigma principles a plus.
- Self-starter. Minimal direction needed. Must have an excellent work ethic. High energy.
- Strong in problem solving and asking probing questions.
- Enthusiastic professional attitude in dealing with clients and excellent follow-up skills.
- Must be a team player with strong initiative.