12716 E Pine St
Job Category: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 5287
Responsible for all financial reporting and accuracy of financial transactions for the largest manufacturing plant in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Reporting to company President/GM as a key business partner, with dotted line responsibility to the Corporate VP of Finance. Regular interaction with corporate HQ staff (including CEO) to explain all financial aspects related to the business.
Essential Job Duties and Functions:
- Full responsibility for plant finance function including GL, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Cost Accounting and Treasury
- Key member of senior leadership team influencing, making and enabling business decisions to support business strategy, growth and profitability goals.
- Preparation and execution of annual financial budgets, forecasts, 3-year business plans and overall business strategy in conjunction with President/GM and corporate goals
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting data, financial statements, or other financial reports in conformance to US GAAP and accounting policies
- Oversees and directs the cost accounting function in an actual cost environment including overhead rate calculations and application.
- Manages the accounting team including hiring, development/coaching for success, annual review and disciplinary actions (as necessary) to promote good business practice and ethical behavior
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations vs projections and understand/explain variances.
- Identify, execute and monitor progress of Continuous improvement projects for the business
- Prepare all financial requirements of the annual financial external audit and any other regulatory audits required by the State/government that cover financial information (workers compensation, 401K, sales & use/property/other federal/State taxes)
- Prepare annual tax information pack for federal and state tax returns as requested from external tax advisor
- Forecast business cash requirements and report to corporate on a weekly basis
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge relevant to position and business and possess strong analytical skills/problem solving ability
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’ s conduct.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Essential Mental Functions and Skills:
- Math Skills: Good math skills to understand complex instructions.
- Attention to Details
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state.
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one' s short term memory
- Ability to concentrate.
The work environment is a normal office setting. The noise level as such is quiet. Additionally, the work environment may include the manufacturing plant where the work conditions have a moderate noise level.
- Minimum of 10 years accounting/finance experience with progressing responsibilities
- Bachelor’ s Degree (four-year college or technical school) preferred, Field of study: Accounting/Finance. Master’ s Degree/CPA beneficial to role.
- Prior manufacturing experience in accounting/finance mandatory
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. ERP experience mandatory (Infor Visual ERP system preferred but not essential if general IT/Systems ability is strong).